It is the consumer who makes the judgement on every goods and service on the market. Users have the first and the final word on your software product, too.
Be it for business-to-business applications (such as ERP, CRM, E-commerce etc.), office programs or multimedia apps, software localisation is highly complex, requiring thorough preparation and coordination, as well as an advanced computer-aided translation (CAT) environment and highly skilled language professionals.
Our task is to make sure it is not just the local settings on your application that brings it closer to the user, but its conformity to legal requirements, impeccable linguistic quality and thoroughly localised content structure.
Functionality, stability and ergonomics: your end-customer must be able to use the software in their own language with their own keyboard, without difficulty.
Therefore, adapting software typically consists of three main stages:
I. Project setup
- Language and document engineering (definition of non-translatables, variables, creation of custom import filters, alignment, setting up segmentation rules and segment length constraints, filter definitions etc.)
- Terminology extraction and compilation of client-oriented glossaries
- Translation of GUI components (dialogue boxes, menus, error/status messages, tool tips, string tables, version info)
- Online Help Translation (HTML Help files, translation of jumps, popups, footnotes)
- Documentation translation (installation guides, user guides and collateral materials such as disk labels, warranty cards etc.)
III. Software testing
- Linguistic testing - verification of application execution, display of accented characters, punctuation checking, hyphenation rule adherence, translation consistency,
- Functionality testing - verification of navigation features, table of contents, keyword indexes, jumps, menus, cross references, hyperlinks
- User Interface testing - focuses on all visual and aesthetic aspects of the localised user interface: checking for truncated strings, overlapping controls, dynamic dialogue box display, duplicate hot keys etc.
- Bug report – logging of errors and bugs, alpha and beta testing
Ask for a free quote here.